Wednesday, May 27, 2009

generations remembering generations

all of my sisters and their families gathered at the brigham city cemetery.

i like being a family.
i like overhearing the conversations of teenagers.
i like watching them roll their eyes at me.
i like watching these kids hear about a grandpa they don't remember.
i like watching them learn of great & great great (& so on) grandparents.
i like that we walk the length of this cemetery and try to remember all of them.
i like that the bottom of dad's marker holds to quote, "to love another person is to see the face of God."

4 comments:

Bre said...

Love you, Megan. I hope that your day was peaceful and fun.

Tiffany said...

I love your dad! You guys are a great family!;)

Annalisa said...

wow, i didn't know all the sisters and family got together on memorial day. how fun. we should have called.

katrina said...

Megs, because i was in CA for memorial day, we got to visit my mom's grave ON memorial day. I havent ever been able to do that before. It was really nice. Glad you got to visit your dad as well. Love ya!