Sunday, March 28, 2010

the one-sequined shoe.

once upon a time, these were some of my favs. i'm not usually a sequin-y kind of girl, but I loved the fun green sparkle this duo added to the end of a normal pair of jeans.

today bobby looked down at my feet and told me that i only had one sequin left on my right shoe.

i looked at him and told him that today i felt like my right shoe. a semblance of my former glamourous self.

today when we started to sing hymns, i couldn't figure out why the page was not to be found in my scriptures. i started several sentences and couldn't for the life of me figure out by the end why i had started them in the first place. and generally felt like a pretty class act space cadet.

here's to me and the green flats. some days we're just better than others!

3 comments:

Annalisa said...

pregnancy makes you even more glamorous. simply glamorous.

Lorri said...

I have to say it doesn't get better after the baby comes. Something about not getting enough sleep...

Anonymous said...

It's called "baby brain drain"! Very common.... your sister-in-law Erin is classically funny when pregnant - VERY ditzy.

It does get better... unless you have a colicky (sp?) baby, then you're just exhausted.

Hah! Fun times. Love ya- Mom