Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ironing shirts is fun to do...

to do, to do, to do!- anyone catch the song here?

i'm not quite sure what time i actually woke up this morning, but by the time i was bored enough to look at my cell phone it was 5:24. i'm not really sure why less than 6.5 hours of sleep is acceptable to my body, but i assure you, part of it will disagree later with many yawns and other degrees of drowsiness.

but i woke up and somehow was singing the above catchy tune over and over in my head. ironing shirts is fun to do? who knew?

truth is, i'm dreaming of being that housewife. i find myself daydreaming often about the days i'll have home with baby bobby this summer, the walks, naps, and house cleaning.

i find a little too much pleasure in having things put away, clean, out of sight, done. ask bobby. he hears about it when the house is clean, and all about how i love it. it makes me positively gleeful. hey bobby, isn't it so nice? hey bobby, doesn't it just feel different in here? hey bobby, don't you love it when the house is clean?

and then the relaxing is all the better too. sit down, feet up, and think. i can relax. look at what i did. now is a great time to admit, i'm starting to sound like my mother- as a child she always told me she couldn't relax until the house was clean. i didn't get it and would tell her back (lovely) that she could still lay on the couch if the floor wasn't vacuumed....

maybe i'm off my rocker here, but i envision having time to iron bobby's shirts, and i enjoy the thought.

6 comments:

#A5 said...

that's funny. i have the exact opposite daydream.. that someone will come be my housekeeper so i never ever ever have to clean or iron again..

Annalisa said...

lol, i was up at midnight with both sides numb and sitting up in bed for awhile until i could fall back asleep.

and then up at 5:19am i did some facebook from my cell phone and called geoff to say good morning since he heads to work at 5:30am.

i wasn't ambitious nor did i get out of bed, but oh well. the boys made it out of the house and to school on time.

good luck with the shirts.

Tiffany said...

Oh there is nothing better than a clean house - my ocd coming out, I admit it! You're fantastic to iron though - I loathe it - the only "household chore" I don't do - I let the nice people down at the dry cleaners do it for me! Can't wait to see pictures of your cutie little boy!!

Jenny said...

One of Grant's favorite songs is "Going to church is fun to do" in which he runs in circles going faster and faster each time until he falls down. It's pretty funny.

And I can totally understand how good it feels when your home is clean. Although, I have to admit, laziness often takes over and wins in my home.

thailiz said...

Maybe you were having Thailand flashbacks where they iron everything...I think ironing shirts is never fun to do, and that it was a major oversight to not make wrinkle-free toddler dress shirts :) But I'm glad you enjoy it. Way to go actually being productive through the insomnia rather than lay there hoping to get back to sleep!

Melissa Tiek said...

I started singing that song as soon as I saw the title of the entry...that's what happens when you're the primary chorister. I hope you can catch a little more shut eye than that before the baby comes! :)