Monday, June 21, 2010

efficiency

i decided that i didn't really have time to water the garden today.

so i decided it would be more efficient to just put the sprinkler on it.

then i dutifully ignored the timer that went off reminding me to move the water.

that is when my square foot garden turned into a square foot swimming hole.

a muddy one...

oops.i tried first to shovel tupperware containers full of water out- fearing and listening for bebe squawks- before resorting to punching large holes in the garden lining. it was after all, supposed to be drainable in the first place...

added bonus.
today i also decided to just put my pjs back on after showering instead of real clothes. (read: bebe started crying before shower was finished, and pjs were closest clothing to locate. then i just left it that way...)

and today is the day that so far 3 people have come to my door. awesome.

i'm now dressed people, so feel free to stop by!

4 comments:

Annalisa said...

i love it. i needed a good laugh today and this was the ticket. i don't feel so bad now about neglecting my bean plants. i justify that i really do live in a desert. good luck with guests...hope changing out of pjs was worth it. smiles!!!

Crystal and Kyle said...

Hey COngratulations on little baby Evan!!! He is sooo cute! I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm assuming you won't be at bunko for awhile so I needed updates :) It was fun to read all of your latest posts. GOod luck with the garden :)

Anonymous said...

Hah! :)

Megan said...

It is just fine to stay in pjs...I figure babies do it, so why can't we? I am glad you are doing so great!!