Friday, June 18, 2010

you told me so...

it's official... i'm a mama.
i'm going to go ahead and admit that i was down right scared to be a mom.

sometimes i felt bad, wondering if i was missing that feminine gene that made me crave babies and children. i think i had that gene when i was 20 and taking sweet child development classes at byu. i also thought i knew everything back then too...

then, the longer i went, and the more used to a bit of a selfish and self indulgent lifestyle i became, the more it sounded like it was just going to be hard and began to scare me. it didn't help that any real life experience i had taught me more and more that i knew less and less...

i mean, i liked kiddos alright, but usually thought they were just fine in the family they were in, and wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with one that belonged to me...

everyone told me that it would be different with my own. that somehow i would just love them.

it isn't that i didn't believe you all-- but i don't think i was really going to get it until i heard that first pathetic little cry that rocked my heart. i can still hear that little cry in my head.

but i do love this little boy, yes i do.

evan- 5 days old
photos by megan hess (aka the other megan!)
and how could i not love these faces?

12 comments:

debby said...

love these pictures, especially the first one.

Annalisa said...

Thank you for posting these. I see he does look so much like both of you and kept his cuteness from day one. Smiles.

Brian and Emily said...

Oh Megan he is absolutely to die for! I love his dark hair and captivating eyes. I never doubted your mad mama skills :) miss you!

Frankman's said...

oh.my.gosh. there are cute babies out there and then there are CUTE babies out there and you definitely made a CUTE baby!! he's adorable. you look great as well!

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

Oh my goodness! He is so adorable! That perfect skin, that amazing hair, those beautiful eyes...he is beautiful!!!! And you look beautiful, too! Give him a few snuggles for me.

The Meesh said...

Oh snuggles! I need to come over and love him stat!

Anonymous said...

I SO relate to what you said about that first cry touching your heart! My first was born after 27 hours of hard labor, but that first cry washed it all away and my heart melted... I still remember that cry... and that was almost 40 years ago! Feelings that strong are molded into your heart... You'll be a GREAT mother!! Love ya - Mom P.

Unknown said...

Adorable pictures. Looks like you made a good one!

karla said...

Congrats, Megan! You are beautiful and so is Evan. I love that first picture of both of you. :)

Kellie & Cody said...

Megan, that is a beautiful picture of you! And I appreciate what you shared--for those of us who are still scared of children!! He is amazing!

Barb: said...

Megan, he is beautiful! Congratulations!

ANDREA said...

k - a few points here. A. seriously. he's so handsome. so so handsome. B. That picture of you and Evan..hello! youre GORG!! and C. I didn't know Hess comma Megan took pictures? she did fabulous.

k - still missing you. come back soon. :)